Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Emergency oral surgery

Youch!
This past weekend, one of my wisdom teeth started acting up. In the past, it would ache a little and that was that. This time, it wasn't going anywhere. Actually, it got increasingly worse and by Sunday night the pain was unbearable. Alex and I were concerned about a possible infection. So, first thing Monday AM, we found a dentist/oral surgeon. We went in and a long and grueling 45 minutes later, the tooth was extracted.

The Dr. told me to be prepared for quite a bit of pain and a lot of swelling as it was a doozy getting it out. It was in pretty deep and they had to dig and drill... ugh.

Although, all the Dr's said it is Ok for me to take Tylenol w/ codein, I am proud to announce that I only took 2 yesterday and instead was using ice packs to maintain the swelling and pain. I don't plan on taking any today. So, wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. ugh, this is a horror story... I HATE going to the dentist! you're a hero! ;)

    ReplyDelete