Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Level 2 Ultrasound..

We had our Level 2 Ultrasound scheduled for last week. And since my Mom and Sis were visiting for the Holidays, they came along as well. We were all very excited.

First, Alex and I went in together. After the heartbeats were detected and all seemed normal, Alex went out and got Mama and Ildi.

I have to tell you that Ildi is a very excited and enthusiastic aunt-to-be.. (see picture).



So, during the whole sonogram, she was totally getting into it.. identifying all the body parts etc.. In the meanwhile, poor Mama, couldn't tell up from down. At one point she thought the tush was the head, the heart was the foot, so on and so forth.. I am afraid it wasn't as exciting for her.

Oh, I forgot to mention that 5 minutes after Mama and Ildi came into the ultrasound room, Alex grabbed his coat and bolted. When I asked : "don't you care about the rest?" he said he just wanted to make sure the heartbeats were alright. I was a little hurt and confused.
As it turned out later on, he was afraid that he was starting to see "too much".
For those of you that don't know, we are not going to find out the sexes.
Initially, I wanted to but after more thought (and Alex's persuasion), we agreed this is right for us.

1 comment:

  1. I am LOVING that everyone looks so happy in your pictures -- not just about the twins, but in general.

    A word on Alex. I don't know the man, but I do know me. Some men take to pregnancies like noone's business -- but most of those guys live in TV shows and don't have to worry about the gritty details after the TV camera goes off.

    As for the rest of us; the kid-thing didn't become real to me until I had something to contribute, otherwise I was just a bystander. So even 12 years after my first was born, Anthony, it was wierd, 'cause when my wife was pregnant with Noah, our youngest, Anthony and I were playing drop-the-baby with my wife's lamaze doll (great games, using real baby; not recommended).

    My sole advice (not that you asked for it) on pregnancy isn't for you, its for your husband. Its a way to get him involved once the twins's are born. Before birth its too vague a concept for guys to comprehend. We are tactile creatures, if we can't touch it, eat it or burn it, it just ain't real; Which is why I'm convinced that when you see father's who are into the pregnancy what you are really seeing is someone who's good at faking it (see there are things we fake too).

    Harvey Karp, Happiest Baby On the Block -- have him skip the intro and go straight to the five things that will calm the baby (it has girly, catchy name, so don't use it).

    It became like a little parlor trick for me after a while, like a stewie from Mad TV with a 'look wha' I can do' (
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dya996Z2Ylw ) to get noah to calm down. A friend even went straight for the video and skipped the book, which he said was even better.

    OK -- that's it from me on the topic, I'm off to touch, eat and burn things.

    PS you look great, like we're still back in Koszeg. Alex is a lucky guy.


    -jay

    ReplyDelete