Holy Moly!
So, as most of you may already know, we had a BIG scare this past week.. More specifically, on April 1st... (how ironic), I had a routine Dr's appt, where they noticed that my cervix was dangerously short. The Dr. asked if I was feeling any contractions... which I wasn't.
They immediately sent me to the hospital so they could do more testing and put me on a contraction monitor.
To our TOTAL and utter surprise, I was having contractions 3 minutes apart!!!! And, to top it all off, my cervix was effaced and a little dilated.
I was admitted to the hospital and they immediately started me on drugs to attempt to halt or slow down the contractions. Also, I was given the all important steroid shots that mature the lungs of the babies - if they were to come so premature. It took a while to stop the contractions, but it eventually worked.
All in all, I was in for 4 days. The Dr (and Alex) was hesitant to send me home because they are concerned that I may not feel the contractions on my own. So, I am trying my damndest to be in tune with my body :-).
On a serious note, I am home on bedrest. The goal is to obviously keep these buggers in there as long as possible!! Oh and speaking of the buggers.. they are doing wonderfully! They monitored them regularly as well. It seems that they are OK to stick around in there for some time longer. It's just my uterus and cervix that are 'done' and want out :-).
Fingers and toes crossed by everyone for us, pleeeeaaaase!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We are crossing all our fingers and toes for you - and you keep your legs crossed!! Nothing in and nothing out! (well, let's not get into that :)
ReplyDeleteLove ya!
OMG! so could you be one of those mom's who gives birth without ever knowing she was pregnant? :-) (kidding of course) seriously I'm so glad you're doing ok now - and thanks for your voicemail - i've been on solo puppy patrol for the last week - today is the last day so i'll finally have time to return phone calls =-) as for the being in tune with your body thing...(ignore this if you didn't mean it literally =-) but i'm trying out this site www.solutionmethod.org - you can subscribe for free and it's all about tuning into yourself and being more 'aware' in order to curb addiction cravings and other behavioral compulsions - but they've got some good exercises and free guided meditation audio files on there...just fyi if your looking for something to do while you're on bedrest =-) xoxo jess
ReplyDelete